As the community of Christ which is one in Jesus Christ, we will nurture and care for one another, spread God's word and love throughout the community, thereby fulfilling our mission.
Making disciples of Jesus Christ by Nourishing Souls with Loving Hearts and Caring Hands.
The first Porter United Methodist Church building was purchased in February 1892. Several years of team work remodeling and building an addition brought great satisfaction and joy to the congregation at the dedication in May of 1900. The basement addition was dedicated in 1928.
November 1922 the church was accepted into the Indiana Conference and known as the "First Evangelical Church of Porter." In 1946 the name was changed to Evangelical United Brethren (EUB).
Merger of the Evangelical and Methodist in 1968 brings us to the present time and we are proud to remain the yellow brick church with the red doors on the corner of Wagner Road and Beam Street in Porter, known as Porter United Methodist Church.